The only way to get consistent and continual results is by always making your workouts harder. There is no way around this.
The good news is that you can use your emotions and mind to make this process much easier. The key here is that when you amplify your emotions, very specific performance enhancing substances get released into your body.
So here are 5 ways to take your workouts to the next level with your emotions:
1. Use classical conditioning: The easiest way to do this is to exercise at the same time every day and to have some type of pre workout ritual. By doing this, your mind will associate your “exercise time” with very specific psychological cues. This in turn will prime your mind for emotional agitation before exercise.
2. Use supplements: You don’t have to empty out your piggy bank here, all you need is a little caffeine, that’s it. Have a small dose of caffeine in tablet form about 45 minutes before exercise and you will get adrenal glands pumping out stress hormones as an emotional response.
3. Mentally agitate yourself: Now humans are very complex, you are very complex. So experiment with different methods here. Some people have success with meditation, others like to watch a motivational clip and others like to listen music. Pick the method that works best for you and use it right before exercise.
4. Increase blood flow: Not only does this get the mechanical elements of your body ready for exercise, but it facilitates the transport and uptake of key substances that are released with your emotional preparation. It’s not just about getting the chemicals in your bloodstream, it’s also about expediting their transport.
5. Get sleep: Deep sleep is when your body replenishes its supply of chemicals that get used up when you are amplifying your emotions. So if you aren’t getting deep and long sleep, you will be running on a limited supply of neurotransmitters and adrenalin.
Emotional manipulation is a key ingredient for having the best workouts your body can handle. So don’t wait to take action here because those that wait let their dreams vanish into thin air!
Author Katherine Crawford, an exercise physiologist and former brachioplasty sufferer, teaches how to get rid of arm fat. Figure out how to get sexy and toned arms by visiting her website with advice on how to avoid an arm lift now!